New! Retirement properties coming soon to Erdington, Birmingham.
Sign up now for updates or call 0800 201 4811 to find out more about these beautiful retirement homes, which are exclusively available as part of our shared ownership scheme – now you can have the retirement lifestyle you’ve dreamed of, without having to pay the full price.
These lovely independent living apartments for the over 60s are ideally located in the popular Birmingham suburb of Erdington, previously named one of the best places to live in the city. This retirement development is close to a wide range of local amenities including supermarkets, a doctors’ surgery, cafes, restaurants, shops and a leisure centre. There are excellent transport links to the surrounding towns and villages, including Sutton Coldfield, Great Barr, Chelmsley Wood and further afield to Birmingham city centre.
Easy independent living for the over 60s
At our Shared Ownership Retirement Living development in Erdington, you can choose from a selection of one or two bedroom retirement apartments, with either patios on the ground floor or Juliet balconies above. The site offers attractive shared spaces including landscaped gardens and a stylish lounge with free Wi-Fi, all designed for socialising and hosting regular clubs and parties. For total peace of mind, you’ll find a caring on-site manager to keep an eye on everything. We understand that pets are part of your family, so well behaved pets are welcome too.
Low maintenance and sociable
This Retirement Living development is designed to encourage community feeling to flourish, while also allowing you to enjoy the complete privacy of your own retirement apartment. You'll enjoy stylish well-maintained communal spaces, including the communal lounge, and landscaped gardens ideal for meeting your friends, neighbours and family for a drink and a chat. We find the communal facilities soon become social hubs, a hive of informal gatherings and regular clubs, events and meet-ups to suit all sorts of interests. Our communities offer things like film nights, fish and chip lunches, knitting clubs, cocktail evenings, music, yoga, birthday parties and even the odd fiesta.
Safe, secure and energy efficient
All our new Shared Ownership homes in Birmingham are designed with intelligent ergonomics and Modern Methods of Construction, carefully crafted with easy living in mind. Well-insulated, warm and energy efficient, you’ll benefit from lower living costs. All the latest safety and security features are built in, so you and your family will have the peace of mind of knowing that there’s a 24-hour emergency call system, intruder alarms, fire detection and a door camera entry system included as standard.
- Ideally located in the popular Birmingham suburb of Erdington, with local amenities including; supermarkets, healthcare services and eateries on your doorstep
- Energy efficient retirement properties expertly designed with safety and security in mind for a stress-free independent lifestyle
- Maintained landscaped gardens for evening cocktails and lazy summer afternoons
- Elegant communal lounge for parties, events and everyday socialising with friends and new neighbours
- Dedicated manager onsite during office hours to help keep everything running smoothly
- Fantastic transport links for easy access to surrounding towns and villages including Birmingham city centre
- Camera entry system
- Intruder alarm
- 24/7 call system
- Car parking
- Lifts to all floors
- Mobility scooter room
- Pets allowed
- House Manager
- Landscaped gardens
See for yourself what the McCarthy Stone development in Erdington will have to offer with a virtual tour of a typical Communal Lounge.
- Electricity, heating and lighting (communal areas)
- Water and sewage (communal areas and apartments)
- Professional fees
- Maintenance of building and gardens
- Emergency call system
- Building insurance
- Income to guest suites and sundry income
- Development staff
- Future maintenance fund
- Domestic assistance
What's not included?
- Electricity, heating and lighting (apartments)
- Home and contents insurance
- Council Tax
- Phone / broadband
- TV licence / TV service
- You can enjoy the McCarthy Stone lifestyle without paying the full purchase price.
- Buying a percentage share of the property allows you to manage your finances to cater for possible future needs.
- If you buy 75% of the value of the property, there is no rent to pay on the outstanding share.
- You could claim up to £500 a year to help with essential repairs in the first 10 years.
With this scheme, you can purchase up to 75% of the value of your property – and if you own 75%, you won’t pay any rent on the outstanding 25% share. It provides a more affordable way to buy one of our retirement properties.
What is Shared Ownership and who are Homes England?
Is Shared Ownership available at all your locations?
Who will own the share of the property I don’t buy?
Do I need financial advice?
Will a financial review be needed?
What will it cost upfront?
You should plan for some one-off costs associated with your purchase, including, but not limited to the following:
• Reservation deposit (which is deducted from your final purchase)
• Solicitors Fees and disbursements
• Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) in England.
Your solicitor will be able to tell you if the tax applies and how much it will be
• Estate Agent fees if selling a current property
Can I purchase a parking space?
What does the £500 essential repairs include?
Shared Ownership Explained
Offers Too Good To Miss
Nobody expects moving home to be easy, but we’re here to help you every step of the way; from the moment you make a reservation, through to the day you move in. Our Easy Move service ensures everything goes like clockwork, which includes helping with the cost*.
To find our more please call 0800 201 4811.
*Terms and conditions apply
Things to do in Erdington, Birmingham
Erdington is a vibrant and sought-after suburb of Birmingham with a thriving high street, plentiful amenities and impressive musical credentials: Pink Floyd famously recorded their live album Ummagumma at the iconic rock music venue Mothers and the founding members of the Moody Blues and ELO were born here.
This new McCarthy Stone Retirement Living development neighbours an impressive leisure centre with a pool, gym and regular exercise classes, making it perfect for those looking for an active retirement. There are many lovely golf courses nearby too, including Walmley Golf Club, Pype Hayes Golf Course and Handsworth Golf Club.
Pype Hayes is also the site of a beautiful park with a fishing pond, walking trails and tennis courts and there are lots of other green spaces close by. Brookvale Park is a small gem, while Witton Lakes Park offers picturesque lake side walks and cycle paths.
There are a range of public transport options adjacent to our retirement homes in Erdington with regular local bus services to Birmingham city centre (every 10 mins), Sutton Coldfield, Great Barr and Chelmsley Wood. Erdington train station has trains to Birmingham every 15 minutes.