Pay as you go car rental - homeowner special offer
Our partnership with Enterprise Car Club means we offer an exclusive preferential membership deal for our homeowners.
What is a Car Club?
Enterprise's Car Club allows you to book a car at any time day or night, for as little as 30 minutes, to a few hours, an overnight visit or a weekend away. What’s more the costs of insurance, fuel, servicing, tax and MOT are all covered in one payment, which means you’ll only ever pay for a car when you need it.
So, if you want to use a car for days outs and shopping trips, but don't want to commit to the expense and hassle of car ownership then Enterprise's Car Club is perfect for you.
The McCarthy Stone Car Club special offer
Select retirement developments up and down the country have their own car club cars conveniently parked onsite. On these developments homeowners get free membership for one year plus £50 worth of free driving! But if you don't have a car club onsite you can still qualify for a great deal, paying just £10 for the first year's annual membership (usually £60) with £10 worth of free driving time thrown in too. Plus, for longer trips, you'll get 5% off Enterprise Rent a Car. Ask your House or Estates Manager for the exclusive code.
How does the Car Club work?
Join Enterprise's Car Club in three easy steps.:
- Sign up and select your location. Once approved, you’ll be able to get on the road using your access card or app. You can then select any one of Enterprise's vehicles and pick your reservation start/end times. You’re able to reserve vehicles in advance or on the go.
- Before getting into the vehicle please check for any damage, then unlock the vehicle using the Enterprise Car Club app, or place your access card over the windscreen reader and wait for the green light to appear – this indicates the car is unlocked. Be sure to unplug the vehicle if using an EV. Once inside the vehicle, enter your PIN into the PIN pad located inside the glovebox and collect your keys.
- Once you've finished your journey, return the vehicle to the pick up location and use your app or access card to lock the vehicle for the final time. If you need a little extra time you can extend the reservation from the vehicle itself, via the app or online.
The benefits of the Car Club:
Reserve at a moment’s notice
All cars can be reserved via the app, online or by phone, in advance or at the last minute. So whether it’s a weekend away with the family or a dash to the local shops you’ll always be able to book a vehicle using your access card or app on your mobile phone.
What’s more, if your plans change and you cancel a booking more than 5 hours in advance, there are no charges.
Cars across the UK
Your membership also gives you access to Enterprise Car Club’s fleet of over 1400+ vehicles, which are spread across over 180 cities and communities throughout the UK.
Enterprise's Car Club also has vehicles located close to 180 mainline and regional stations across the UK. This means you can take the train and pick up your Enterprise Car Club vehicle at the other end. No more queuing for taxis!
It's cost effective -and green
With Enterprise's Car Club, you only pay for the time and distance you actually need the vehicle for, meaning you have all the convenience of a vehicle, without the hassle and expense of owning one. When you book, the charges are clearly displayed and the price guarantee means you will be charged at the daily rate if it’s lower than the hourly rate. All Enterprise Car Club cars are fuel efficient or electric to be better for the environment too.
If you’d like to know more about our Car Club, then contact your House or Estates Manager or call 0800 201 4811.
Find out more about our Car Club
Once you have selected your location follow the below steps to start a reservation:
- Check the vehicle for damage before you get in
- Unlock your reserved enterprise car club vehicle, or using the contactless card linked to your account.
- The green light will indicate that the vehicle is unlocked.
- Get into the vehicle and remember to unplug if using an EV.
- Reach into the glove box enter your pin and remove the fob attached to the keys.
If you are running late or need to extend your journey don't worry, you can easily extend your reservation:
- Extend your reservation using the app, or the pin pad found in the glovebox.
- If you are unsure call the clubhouse vis the pin pad or on 0345 266 9290 and chat hands-free
Once you have finished using the car and have returned to your starting location, end your reservation by:
- Reach into the glovebox and retrieve the pin pad.
- Enter the key fob into the pin pad.
- The pin pad will ask you some questions before you finish your booking.
- Once outside of the vehicle lock the car using the app or the contactless card linked to your account.
- The sensor light will blink red indicating that the car is now locked