New! Retirement properties coming soon to Cadishead, Greater Manchester.
Sign up now for updates or call 0800 201 4811 to find out more about these beautiful retirement homes, which are exclusively available as part of our Shared Ownership scheme – now you can have the retirement lifestyle you’ve dreamed of, without having to pay the full price.
These lovely independent living apartments for the over 60s are set in a convenient location within the village of Cadishead in the City of Salford in Greater Manchester. This retirement development is close to a wide range of local amenities including the local library, Cadishead Park and Cadishead Community Centre, as well as popular pubs and coffee shops. It also has excellent transport links with a bus stop on the doorstep offering direct routes to the Tesco Superstore, and the train station where you can reach the surrounding areas including Manchester City Centre with ease.
Easy independent living for the over 60sAt our Cadishead Retirement Living development you can choose from a selection of one or two bedroom retirement apartments, with either patios on the ground floor or Juliet balconies above. The site offers attractive shared spaces including landscaped gardens and a stylish lounge with free Wi-Fi, all designed for socialising, and hosting regular clubs and parties. For total peace of mind, you’ll find a caring on-site manager to keep an eye on everything. We understand that pets are part of your family, so your well behaved pets are welcome too.
Low maintenance and sociable
This Retirement Living development is designed to encourage community feeling to flourish, while also allowing you to enjoy the complete privacy of your own retirement apartment. You'll enjoy stylish well-maintained communal spaces, including the communal lounge, and landscaped gardens ideal for meeting your friends, neighbours and family for a drink and a chat. We find the communal facilities soon become social hubs, a hive of informal gatherings and regular clubs, events and meet-ups to suit all sorts of interests. Our communities offer things like film nights, fish and chip lunches, knitting clubs, cocktail evenings, music, yoga, birthday parties and even the odd fiesta.
Safe, secure and energy efficient
All our new Shared Ownership homes in Manchester and beyond are designed with intelligent ergonomics and Modern Methods of Construction, carefully crafted with easy living in mind. Well-insulated, warm and energy efficient, means you'll benefit from lower living costs. With all the latest safety and security features, you and your family will have peace of mind knowing that there is a 24-hour emergency call system, intruder alarms, fire detection and a door camera entry system included as standard.
- Ideally located the village of Cadishead in the City of Salford in Greater Manchester, with local amenities including; a convenience store, a park, library and eateries on your doorstep
- Energy efficient properties expertly designed with safety and security in mind, for a stress-free independent lifestyle
- Elegant communal lounge for parties, events and everyday socialising with friends and neighbours
- Dedicated manager onsite during office hours to help keep everything running smoothly
- Maintained landscaped gardens for evening cocktails and lazy summer afternoons
- Excellent transport links and a bus stop on the doorstep means easy access to the surrounding areas, including Manchester City Centre
- Camera entry system
- Intruder alarm
- 24/7 call system
- Car parking
- Lifts to all floors
- Mobility scooter room
- Pets allowed
- House Manager
- Landscaped gardens
See for yourself what the McCarthy Stone development in Cadishead will have to offer with a virtual tour of a typical Communal Lounge.
- Electricity, heating and lighting (communal areas)
- Water and sewage (communal areas and apartments)
- Maintenance of building and gardens
- Building insurance
- Development staff
- Future maintenance fund
- Professional fees
- Emergency call system
- Income to guest suites and sundry income
What's not included?
- Electricity, heating and lighting (apartments)
- Home and contents insurance
- Council Tax
- Phone / broadband
- TV licence / TV service
- You can enjoy the McCarthy Stone lifestyle without paying the full purchase price.
- Buying a percentage share of the property allows you to manage your finances to cater for possible future needs.
- If you buy 75% of the value of the property, there is no rent to pay on the outstanding share.
- You could claim up to £500 a year to help with essential repairs in the first 10 years.
With this scheme, you can purchase up to 75% of the value of your property – and if you own 75%, you won’t pay any rent on the outstanding 25% share. It provides a more affordable way to buy one of our retirement properties.
What is Shared Ownership and who are Homes England?
Is Shared Ownership available at all your locations?
Who will own the share of the property I don’t buy?
Do I need financial advice?
Will a financial review be needed?
What will it cost upfront?
You should plan for some one-off costs associated with your purchase, including, but not limited to the following:
• Reservation deposit (which is deducted from your final purchase)
• Solicitors Fees and disbursements
• Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) in England.
Your solicitor will be able to tell you if the tax applies and how much it will be
• Estate Agent fees if selling a current property
Can I purchase a parking space?
What does the £500 essential repairs include?
Shared Ownership Explained
Offers Too Good To Miss
Nobody expects moving home to be easy, but we’re here to help you every step of the way; from the moment you make a reservation, through to the day you move in. Our Easy Move service ensures everything goes like clockwork, which includes helping with the cost*.
To find our more please call 0800 201 4811.
*Terms and conditions apply
Things to do in Cadishead, Greater Manchester
The village has a library, post office and community centre which offers clubs and activities for all. The community centre is within pretty Cadishead Park which has a bowling green among its facilities. You may also be interested in joining the local Cadishead Grange Bowling Club which was founded in 1892. You’ll find shops, pubs and eateries along Liverpool Road which connects the village to nearby Irlam and is home to a Tesco Superstore and Irlam train station. The station offers regular trains to Manchester City Centre which take around 15 minutes, as well as services to Warrington, Liverpool, Stockport, Doncaster, Cleethorpes and beyond.
These excellent transport links from our new retirement housing in Cadishead are enhanced by easy access to motorways including the M6, M60 and M62 and the bus stop which is right outside the retirement development and has regular services around the area.
- Conveniently situated close to these local amenities:
- Cadishead Library 0.3 miles
- Cadishead Park 0.2 miles
- Convenience Store 0.1 miles
- The Plough Pub 0.1 miles
The development is located 0.1 mile from a convenience store and various local amenities including; the Coach and Horses pub (0.1 mile), Cadishead Library (0.3 miles) and a post office (0.3 miles). The green open space of Cadishead Park is only 0.2 miles away.
You'll also find plenty of transport options in the area, including local bus services with the a bus stop directly opposite the development (184 ft). Irlam train station is 0.7milesaway, offering services into Manchester City Centre, Warrington, Liverpool, Stockport, Doncaster, Cleethorpes and beyond.
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.
We bought 75%, and don’t pay any rent of the remaining 25%, which is lovely.