Black pepper savoury shortbread recipe
Recipe for delicious savory black pepper shortbread, perfect for a Christmas party treat, from our McCarthy Stone Retirement Living Plus chefs
For the shortbread
- 150g plain flour
- 30g cornflour
- 2g baking powder
- 120g unsalted butter
- 85g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2g freshly cracked black pepper
- 10ml milk
- Dice the butter and then place everything but the milk into your mixer with a paddle and turn on medium until they resemble breadcrumbs, add just enough milk to bring the mixture together. This will be very little.
- Wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Roll out to 3-5mm thickness and cut into any shape you desire and lay onto a lined baking sheet.
- Rest again for 20 minutes before baking for approx. 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove and rest on a pastry trivet until completely chilled and then store in an airtight container until required.