This yummy vegan wellington roast Christmas dinner alternative from one of our lovely McCarthy Stone House Managers is sure to impress even the most dedicated meat eaters.
- 1 cup oat milk
- Drizzle vegetable oil
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Pinch salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg
- 2 leeks – finely chopped
- 400g vacuum pack chestnuts – blended
- 1.5 cups breadcrumbs
- 250g ready-made vegan puff pastry
- Over a high heat, stir the onions, garlic, soy mince, milk, oil, ketchup, soy sauce, veg stock cube, seasoning, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add leeks, turn down heat to medium, stir.
- Add blended chestnuts. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add breadcrumbs to your preferred consistency. Take off heat. Let cool for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180c (350f)
- Roll out pastry to a 33cm circle
- Place on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper,
- Place nut mixture in centre and form into bread shape. Score outer pastry circle with sharp knife and wrap over the roast, creating a braid.
- Glaze – mix 1 tbsp maple syrup with 1 tbsp oat milk and brush over roast. Bake in the middle of oven for approx. 45 mins.