Christmas Leftovers Pie
Make the most of any leftover Christmas dinner with McCarthy Stone homeowner June’s delicious pie. Featuring bubble and squeak and two types of pastry, it’s the perfect centrepiece to a Boxing Day feast.
- Pack of short crust pastry - rolled out
- Pack of puff pastry - rolled out
- Leftover mash and veg made into bubble and squeak (cooked on baking tray for 30 mins approx. at 180 degrees)
- Leftover turkey, stuffing, pigs in blankets, gammon etc.
- A beaten egg for glazing
- Roll out shortcrust pastry and line a pie dish. Blind bake at 180 degrees C (fan) for 35 minutes.
- Arrange the stuffing and pigs in blankets around the edge of dish.
- Fill the middle with turkey slices and top with gammon and bubble and squeak.
- Top with puff pastry and decorate with leftover pastry.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Cook in the oven, again at 180 degrees C (fan), for approx. 40 mins until golden brown.