McCarthy Stone homeowner Val’s tasty feta tarts make delicious Christmas canapés – healthier than a sausage roll and good for vegetarians too.
- Short crust pastry (bought or homemade) - Val uses Trex for a lighter healthier pastry
- 1 pack of reduced fat feta cheese 200g
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 medium sized mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- Dice the feta cheese
- Finely chop the onion and mushroom
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves and mix all together in a bowl and set aside while preparing the pastry
- Fill each pastry tart bottom
- Top with a shape - or solid pastry top - your choice.
- Brush with a little milk and bake at Gas Mark 6 Fan oven 180°c for 20-25 mins