Kath’s prize-winning Christmas cheesecake celebrates that Christmas staple, Baileys, and is a must for fans of the festive creamy liqueur.
- 170g ginger biscuits (or a mix of digestive and ginger biscuits)
- 70g butter
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 180g Philadelphia full fat cream cheese
- 180g double cream
- 1 tbsp Baileys liqueur (or a little more if you love Baileys!)
- 2 tsp strong coffee mixed with 1tsp cocoa
- 3 tsp icing sugar (sieved)
- Pour yourself a glass of Baileys whilst making the cheesecake.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30-60 seconds (or until melted). Alternatively melt in a small pan over a low heat.
- Mix the crushed biscuits and 2 tsp cocoa into the melted butter.
- Press into a 6.5-inch-deep cake tin, lined with greaseproof paper. This will form the base - chill in the fridge.
- Pour yourself another glass of Baileys.
- Beat the double cream until thick and holding its shape. Mix in the cream cheese to form a stiff mixture.
- Stir in the icing sugar, Baileys, and coffee mixed with the 1tsp cocoa.
- Spread the mixture over the biscuit base and chill in the fridge for several hours (or overnight).
- Remove from the tin before serving, decorate with whipped cream, berries, grated chocolate etc.
- Pour yourself another glass of Baileys and enjoy!