New! Retirement properties coming soon to Idle, Bradford.
Sign up now for updates or call 0800 201 4811 to find out more about these beautiful retirement homes, which are exclusively available as part of our Shared Ownership scheme – now you can have the retirement lifestyle you’ve dreamed of, without having to pay the full price.
These lovely independent living apartments for the over 60s in the popular Bradford suburb of Idle, are set in a convenient location within a residential area just a mile from the centre of the historic village. This retirement development is close to a wide range of local amenities including the Five Lane Ends retail centre, which is home to; a Morrisons supermarket, a pharmacy, a bakery, high street shops, cafes and Inns serving traditional pub grub. It also has excellent transport links to the surrounding towns and villages, with a bus stop located directly outside the development offering half hourly services towards Bradford city centre and Baildon.
Easy independent living for the over 60s
At our Idle Retirement Living development you can choose from a selection of one or two bedroom retirement apartments, with either patios on the ground floor or Juliet balconies above. The site offers attractive shared spaces including landscaped gardens and a stylish lounge with free Wi-Fi, all designed for socialising and hosting regular clubs and parties. For total peace of mind, you’ll find a caring on-site manager to keep an eye on everything. We understand that pets are part of your family, so your well behaved pets are welcome too.
Low maintenance and sociable
This Retirement Living development is designed to encourage community feeling to flourish, while also allowing you to enjoy the complete privacy of your own retirement apartment. You'll enjoy stylish well-maintained communal spaces, including the communal lounge, and landscaped gardens ideal for meeting your friends, neighbours and family for a drink and a chat. We find the communal facilities soon become social hubs, a hive of informal gatherings and regular clubs, events and meet-ups to suit all sorts of interests. Our communities offer things like film nights, fish and chip lunches, knitting clubs, cocktail evenings, music, yoga, birthday parties and even the odd fiesta.
Safe, secure and energy efficient
All our new Shared Ownership retirement apartments in Idle are designed with intelligent ergonomics and Modern Methods of Construction, carefully crafted with easy living in mind. Well-insulated, warm and energy efficient, means you'll benefit from lower living costs. With all the latest safety and security features, you and your family will have peace of mind knowing that there is a 24-hour emergency call system, intruder alarms, fire detection and a door camera entry system included as standard.
- Ideally located in the popular Bradford suburb of Idle, with local amenities including; supermarkets, healthcare services and eateries on your doorstep
- Energy efficient properties expertly designed with safety and security in mind, for a stress-free independent lifestyle
- Elegant communal lounge for parties, events and everyday socialising with friends and new neighbours
- Dedicated manager onsite during office hours to help keep everything running smoothly
- Fantastic transport links, for easy access to surrounding towns and villages including Bradford city centre
- Maintained landscaped gardens for evening cocktails and lazy summer afternoons
- Camera entry system
- Intruder alarm
- 24/7 call system
- Car parking
- Lifts to all floors
- Mobility scooter room
- Pets allowed
- House Manager
- Landscaped gardens
See for yourself what the McCarthy Stone development in Idle will have to offer with a virtual tour of a typical Communal Lounge.
- Electricity, heating and lighting (communal areas)
- Water and sewage (communal areas and apartments)
- Maintenance of building and gardens
- Building insurance
- Development staff
- Future maintenance fund
- Professional fees
- Emergency call system
- Income to guest suites and sundry income
What's not included?
- Electricity, heating and lighting (apartments)
- Home and contents insurance
- Council Tax
- Phone / broadband
- TV licence / TV service
- You can enjoy the McCarthy Stone lifestyle without paying the full purchase price.
- Buying a percentage share of the property allows you to manage your finances to cater for possible future needs.
- If you buy 75% of the value of the property, there is no rent to pay on the outstanding share.
- You could claim up to £500 a year to help with essential repairs in the first 10 years.
With this scheme, you can purchase up to 75% of the value of your property – and if you own 75%, you won’t pay any rent on the outstanding 25% share. It provides a more affordable way to buy one of our retirement properties.
What is Shared Ownership and who are Homes England?
Is Shared Ownership available at all your locations?
Who will own the share of the property I don’t buy?
Do I need financial advice?
Will a financial review be needed?
What will it cost upfront?
You should plan for some one-off costs associated with your purchase, including, but not limited to the following:
• Reservation deposit (which is deducted from your final purchase)
• Solicitors Fees and disbursements
• Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) in England.
Your solicitor will be able to tell you if the tax applies and how much it will be
• Estate Agent fees if selling a current property
Can I purchase a parking space?
What does the £500 essential repairs include?
Shared Ownership Explained
Offers Too Good To Miss
Nobody expects moving home to be easy, but we’re here to help you every step of the way; from the moment you make a reservation, through to the day you move in. Our Easy Move service ensures everything goes like clockwork, which includes helping with the cost*.
To find our more please call 0800 201 4811.
*Terms and conditions apply
We bought 75%, and don’t pay any rent of the remaining 25%, which is lovely.
Things to do in Idle, Bradford
The historic village of Idle is now a suburb of the city of Bradford, West Yorkshire. The centuries old name is thought to refer to fact that it was once surrounded by uncultivated - or idle - moorland – and Idle Moor is preserved as a natural green space to this day.
While retirement in Idle gives you the convenience of a multitude of local amenities, shops and eateries, you’re also close to plentiful green open spaces, like the bird-friendly wetlands of Rodley Nature Reserve or Lister Park and Gardens which has a boating lake, cafe, tennis, bowls, botanical gardens and an Islamic water gardens. There are also several golf courses nearby including Bradford Moor Golf Club, Woodhall Hills Golf Club and Calverley Golf Club. There’s local history to explore too. Like Bolling Hall, an allegedly haunted manor house, and Bradford Industrial Museum which gives a flavour of life in the 1870s.
Then there are the many attractions of central Bradford. The ‘curry capital of the UK’ with its impressive City Hall situated in the stunning ‘European-style’ Centenary Square is just a short bus ride away.