New! Retirement properties coming soon to Failsworth, Greater Manchester.
Sign up now for updates or call 0800 201 4811 to find out more about these beautiful retirement homes, which are exclusively available as part of our Shared Ownership scheme – now you can have the retirement lifestyle you’ve dreamed of, without having to pay the full price.
These lovely independent living apartments for the over 60s are set in a convenient location within this thriving town, boasting views over the Rochdale Canal. As well as offering waterside walks via the canal towpath, this retirement development is close to a wide range of local amenities including supermarkets, a doctors’ surgery, a pharmacy, a post office, eateries and Inns serving traditional pub grub. It also has excellent transport links to the surrounding towns and villages, including Rochdale, Didsbury and further afield to Manchester city centre.
Easy independent living for the over 60sAt our Failsworth Retirement Living development you can choose from a selection of one or two bedroom retirement apartments, with either patios on the ground floor or Juliet balconies above. The site offers attractive shared spaces including landscaped gardens and a stylish lounge with free Wi-Fi, all designed for socialising, and hosting regular clubs and parties. For total peace of mind, you’ll find a caring on-site manager to keep an eye on everything. We understand that pets are part of your family, so your well behaved pets are welcome too.
Low maintenance and sociable
This Retirement Living development is designed to encourage community feeling to flourish, while also allowing you to enjoy the complete privacy of your own retirement apartment. You'll enjoy stylish well-maintained communal spaces, including the communal lounge, and landscaped gardens ideal for meeting your friends, neighbours and family for a drink and a chat. We find the communal facilities soon become social hubs, a hive of informal gatherings and regular clubs, events and meet-ups to suit all sorts of interests. Our communities offer things like film nights, fish and chip lunches, knitting clubs, cocktail evenings, music, yoga, birthday parties and even the odd fiesta.
Safe, secure and energy efficient
All our new Shared Ownership retirement apartments in Failsworth are designed with intelligent ergonomics and Modern Methods of Construction, carefully crafted with easy living in mind. Well-insulated, warm and energy efficient, means you'll benefit from lower living costs. With all the latest safety and security features, you and your family will have peace of mind knowing that there is a 24-hour emergency call system, intruder alarms, fire detection and a door camera entry system included as standard.
- Ideally located in the thriving town of Failsworth, with local amenities including; supermarkets, healthcare services and eateries on your doorstep
- Energy efficient properties expertly designed with safety and security in mind, for a stress-free independent lifestyle
- Maintained landscaped gardens for evening cocktails and lazy summer afternoons
- Elegant communal lounge for parties, events and everyday socialising with friends and new neighbours
- Dedicated manager onsite during office hours to help keep everything running smoothly
- Fantastic transport links, including a bus stop directly outside the development, for easy access to surrounding towns and villages
- Camera entry system
- Intruder alarm
- 24/7 call system
- Car parking
- Lifts to all floors
- Mobility scooter room
- Pets allowed
- House Manager
- Landscaped gardens
See for yourself what Sydney Grange will have to offer with a virtual tour of a typical Communal Lounge.
- Electricity, heating and lighting (communal areas)
- Water and sewage (communal areas and apartments)
- Maintenance of building and gardens
- Building insurance
- Development staff
- Future maintenance fund
- Professional fees
- Emergency call system
- Income to guest suites and sundry income
What's not included?
- Electricity, heating and lighting (apartments)
- Home and contents insurance
- Council Tax
- Phone / broadband
- TV licence / TV service
- You can enjoy the McCarthy Stone lifestyle without paying the full purchase price.
- Buying a percentage share of the property allows you to manage your finances to cater for possible future needs.
- If you buy 75% of the value of the property, there is no rent to pay on the outstanding share.
- You could claim up to £500 a year to help with essential repairs in the first 10 years.
With this scheme, you can purchase up to 75% of the value of your property – and if you own 75%, you won’t pay any rent on the outstanding 25% share. It provides a more affordable way to buy one of our retirement properties.
What is Shared Ownership and who are Homes England?
Is Shared Ownership available at all your locations?
Who will own the share of the property I don’t buy?
Do I need financial advice?
Will a financial review be needed?
What will it cost upfront?
You should plan for some one-off costs associated with your purchase, including, but not limited to the following:
• Reservation deposit (which is deducted from your final purchase)
• Solicitors Fees and disbursements
• Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) in England.
Your solicitor will be able to tell you if the tax applies and how much it will be
• Estate Agent fees if selling a current property
Can I purchase a parking space?
What does the £500 essential repairs include?
Shared Ownership Explained
Offers Too Good To Miss
Nobody expects moving home to be easy, but we’re here to help you every step of the way; from the moment you make a reservation, through to the day you move in. Our Easy Move service ensures everything goes like clockwork, which includes helping with the cost*.
To find our more please call 0800 201 4811.
*Terms and conditions apply
Things to do in Failsworth, Greater Manchester
Famed for its silk hat making and the Failsworth Pole clock tower, the vibrant small town of Failsworth lies between Oldham and Manchester in the Greater Manchester area, making it simple to access all the amenities this culturally rich area has to offer.