Managing your development
McCarthy & Stone Management Services was created to manage our developments and provide an excellent, efficient and cost effective service.
Service charges and property management
Property management and maintenance are important parts of our customer service to you. Created in 2010, McCarthy & Stone Management Services manage our developments and provide an excellent, efficient and cost effective service.
Your monthly service charge covers the cost of running the Retirement Living development. What it covers includes:
- The House Manager – there to manage the day-to-day running of the development, and is on hand in case of emergencies during office hours
- 24 hour emergency call centre – a round the clock call response and monitoring service that provides reassurance and supports the role of the House Manager
- Water and sewerage rates
- Management and maintenance of the building
We are delighted that McCarthy & Stone Management Services has achieved accreditation to ARMA-Q, the new national regulatory regime for residential leasehold managing agents, set to come into force from January 2015.
Accreditation shows that our Management Services Team are at the leading edge of best practice in property management. ARMA-Q recognises that our homeowners are guaranteed a number of safeguards including:
- Higher professional standards and levels of customer care
- A transparent and open service
- Access to an independent regulatory panel
To achieve accreditation, our Management Services Team have had to demonstrate compliance with over 160 rigorous industry standards. ARMA-Q is being introduced by the estate management industry’s trade body, the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA) and accreditation is voluntary.
Find out more about our service charges in our FAQ section here.