The McCarthy & Stone Didcot Assisted Living Development boasts 32 stylish one bedroom and 28 two bedroom apartments for those over 70.
- Located right in the heart of the picturesque Oxfordshire countryside, homeowners can enjoy everything the town has to offer
- Excellent transport links to London and Birmingham
- Apartments feature a fully fitted kitchen with an oven, hob and hood, and a fully fitted shower room
- Underfloor heating, double glazed windows, raised height electrical sockets and two telephone and TV points, as well as a Sky/Sky+ connection point
- Selected apartments include walk-in wardrobes and/or private balconies
- A lovely place to call home, with beautiful landscaped gardens, an on-site restaurant and function room, club lounge and a guest suite
- Ample parking for both homeowners and visitors, with 35 spaces (3 of which disabled)
- For those in need of assistance, the development also offers domestic help, personal care by arrangement, a mobility scooter store and lifts to all floors
- For peace of mind, the apartments are equipped with a 24-hour emergency call system and a House Manager
- A new bus stop will be built less than 100m from the development and Didcot Parkway Station will be a 15 minute bus journey.
- Located 10 miles from Oxford and within easy reach of M4, A34 and M40
Key dates for your diary
Construction has commenced, with first reservations expected to be taken in summer 2017. We expect to welcome our first homeowners in February 2018.
Didcot is a lovely little spot just 10 miles south of the historic university city of Oxford. The town has become synonymous with railways and trains – it’s known for its railway junction, museum and power stations. Train enthusiasts have to check out the Didcot Railway Centre to see its impressive collection of Great Western Railway steam engines, coaches, wagons, buildings and small relics.
The town centre also has plenty to offer, including a Cineworld movie complex, Sainsbury’s supermarket, library, post office and leisure centre. The Orchard Shopping Centre has over 30 stores and restaurants, and the nearby Cornerstone Arts Centre often puts on seasonal events, exhibitions and community classes.
Didcot enjoys lots of green parks and large, open spaces. There are over 10 parks and gardens, as well as a nature reserve where you can find special types of wild orchards.
The McCarthy & Stone development will have an enviable location in the Great Western Park, a modern residential area that will feature its own recreational park, schools, shops, and a community and health centre. Transport is easy to use, with key roads nearby to take you to Oxford, Reading, Swindon and Newbury. The Didcot Parkway railway station has fast and frequent services to the surrounding suburbs, as well as to London and Birmingham.
See for yourself
If you would like to investigate the quality and atmosphere of a McCarthy & Stone development, visit our closest site to this development at Heron Place, Kidlington.