Coming soon! New homes in Durrington, West Sussex for the over 70s
Call 0800 201 4811 or sign up now for updates to find out more about these stunning coastal retirement apartments with assisted living facilities.
This Retirement Living PLUS development will offer one and two bedroom new build homes for sale in Durrington with stylish communal facilities and services, like a bistro and beauty salon on-site. Some apartments will also benefit from southerly facing patios and balconies. These homes will be conveniently located near to shops, restaurants and cafes and just a short walk from the pretty beaches of the award-winning 5-mile Worthing coastline and a few minutes’ walk from Eastbourne train station which has excellent train links to Worthing, Brighton and London.
Discover Retirement Living with a big PLUS
In our delightfully hassle-free Retirement Living PLUS apartments, we’ll help you take care of the little things – as well as the bigger chores - so you can focus on doing what you love. You’ll find all the benefits of a Retirement Living development but with thoughtful extra services that are there for you now, and in the future. This includes a friendly manager on-site at all times plus a subsidised chef run bistro, for when you don’t feel like cooking - and a beauty salon. An hour’s domestic support each week is included – more if you want it, plus there’s the option of tailored personal care should you need it. On-site parking and guest parking are available. Pets are welcome too!
Low maintenance and sociable retirement housing
Our Retirement Living PLUS developments are designed to encourage community feeling to flourish, while also allowing you to enjoy the complete privacy of your own spacious retirement apartment. You’ll enjoy stylish well-maintained communal spaces, including the well-appointed lounge with free Wi-Fi, the bistro and a landscaped garden. Our communal facilities soon become social hubs. You’ll find things like film nights, pie and mash lunches, knitting clubs, cocktail evenings, live music, yoga and birthday parties.
Safe, energy-efficient and secure
As well as the reassurance of 24 hour staffing, this retirement housing will have the latest safety and security features built in. Properties are warm and energy efficient for cheaper living costs too.
These new build homes in Durrington offer:
- Fully fitted kitchens with integrated appliances
- Master bedrooms with walk in wardrobes or fitted wardrobes as standard
- ‘Hidden care’ built in – things like non-slip flooring in the bathroom, waist height plugs and oven and hearing loops for the television
- 24-hour emergency call system, fire detection and door camera entry, so you can see who it is before answering the door
- Some have balconies or patios.
- Lovely new homes in Durrington, West Sussex for the over 70s with assisted living facilities
- Elegant communal lounge for parties, events and everyday socialising with friends and new neighbours and a beauty salon on-site
- Subsidised and sociable chef-run bistro with ever changing seasonal menus
- Attractive landscaped gardens for sunny brunches and lazy afternoons with friends
- Manager onsite 24/7 for your peace of mind, plus the option of tailored domestic support and personal care should you need it.
- Great location for a coastal retirement close to the seafront, shops, cafes and restaurants and with excellent transport links on the doorstep
- 24/7 call system
- 24 hour staffing
- Camera entry system
- Fire detection
- Lifts to all floors
- Lounge Wi-Fi access
- Mobility scooter room
- Pets allowed
Retirement Living PLUS in Durrington
- Electricity, heating and lighting (communal areas)
- Water and sewage (communal areas and apartments)
- Professional fees
- Maintenance of building and gardens
- Emergency call system
- Building insurance
- Income to guest suites and sundry income
- Development staff
- Future maintenance fund
- Domestic assistance
What's not included?
- Electricity, heating and lighting (apartments)
- Home and contents insurance
- Council Tax
- Phone / broadband
- TV licence / TV service
Is it more expensive to live in one of your apartments than my current home?
Many of our homeowners are pleased to find that the service charges for their apartment tend to work out at less than what they were paying in like-for-like costs at their previous property.
Energy bills often turn out to be lower thanks to the modern construction methods we use at all our developments. Your new apartment is also likely to be a more manageable size and so cheaper to run.
When Customers discuss the purchase of a McCarthy Stone apartment with us, they receive a service charge leaflet and our Sales Executive sits down with them to help them fill in the costs, review what is covered in the management services and compare them to day-to-day running costs in their current home. Our Sales Executive ensures that they have a detailed knowledge of ongoing costs before a sale is completed
How long from putting down a deposit do I have to purchase the apartment?
Usually this can take between 12 to 16 weeks. We understand that some customers may have a time period that will more suitable for them and we aim to be as flexible as we can.
We have an expert resales team for people selling our retirement properties, with an extensive database of customers waiting to move in. This helps us to sell faster and at a better price than traditional estate agents. On average the McCarthy Stone Resales team achieve a net price increase on the retirement properties they sell. For example, for properties bought new in the last three years and since resold, the net increase averages 6%. View resale retirement homes.
Living In Durrington, West Sussex
- Conveniently situated close to these local amenities:
- Dr Surgery
- Sainsburys Local
- Train station
Further afield you can explore Worthing Pie, Arundel Castle or enjoy the endless beautiful scenery of the South Downs National Park – home to vineyards, quaint villages and glorious walking trails.