These sprouts will easily convert even the stubborn of sprout haters into fans. Laced with bacon lardons, double cream, almonds and cheese make this dish a luscious accompaniment to Christmas turkey.
- COOK 45 Minutes
- LEVEL average
- BATCH Serves 8
- 900g Sprouts Trimmed and Blanched
- 20g Butter
- 4 Tsp Oil
- 150g Bacon Lardons
- 20g Flaked Almonds (Optional)
- 400ml Double Cream
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 5 Tbsp. Breadcrumbs
- 4 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan or Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 180.C
- In a pan, heat up the oil and the butter and fry off the lardons gently
- Add the almonds to colour them slightly
- Add the already trimmed and blanched sprouts and sauté them for colour
- Add in the cream and simmer until reduced well
- Season well with salt and pepper and stir in the lemon juice, then pour in to a suitable oven proof dish
- Mix together the cheese and the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the sprouts
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden.
This recipe was taken from a selection of Christmas recipes provided by our catering manager, and provides a flavour of what is served in our in-house restaurants.