Creamy Parsnip and Squash Bake
Make the most of the seasonal bounty of British parsnips with this hearty and comforting creamy parsnip and squash bake.
- COOK 1 Hour
- LEVEL easy
- BATCH Serves 8
- Place the cream, onion and thyme into a pan and bring to a mild temp and remove from the heat
- Remove the onion and thyme
- Preheat oven to 160.c
- Once the oven is preheating, peel, de-seed and thinly slice the butternut squash and parsnips.
- Layer the parsnips and squash in a dish and season well
- Pour over the infused cream, season again, scatter with the cheese on top
- Bake for about an hour until golden.
This recipe was provided to us by the McCarthy Stone Catering Manager and gives a flavour of what is served at our in-house restaurants.