Wiggly Worm Cupcakes
Children, and the young at heart, will love these creepy-crawly chocolate cupcakes perfect for a Halloween trick and treat.
- 225g caster sugar
- 15g baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 225ml semi skimmed milk
- 250ml good vegetable oil
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 350g self rising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 50g margarine
- 10g cocoa powder
- 100g icing sugar
Chocolate soil & worms
- 20g margarine
- 35g plain flour
- 10g caster sugar
- 3g cocoa powder
- 1 packet jelly snakes
- Sieve the self-raising flour, baking powder, cocoa powder into a bowl
- Whisk together the sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla essence and vegetable oil until light and fluffy.
- Fold the dry mixture through the wet mixture until combined but leaving it very, very light.
- This mixture should make approximately 12 muffins so divide into the muffin cases weighed out at 100gr per portion
- Bake at 175°C for approximately 18-22 mins.
- Leave to cool to room temperature, cover then leave to one side
- Make the chocolate buttercream by blending the cocoa powder, margarine and icing sugar and leave to rest.
- Prepare the chocolate crumble mix by rubbing the cocoa, plain flour and sugar together to combine until the crumb stage then bake at 160°C for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Finish by spreading approximately 15gr of the buttercream over the top of your muffins, then sprinkle 8gr of the crumble mix to give the soil look!!
- Chop the worms in half, then push the back half into the top of your muffin with the head sticking out –yummy!
Tony Lones is a 2020 finalist at the prestigious B&I StrEAT Food Awards – he also reached the finals last year. He became passionate about food after working on a fruit and vegetable stall while waiting for his exam results. He says, “I became more interested in food than my career choice, which was electronic engineering!"
Radish are one of our brilliant catering partners and manage bistros at some of our Retirement Living PLUS developments.