Get creative with cooking and show your grandchildren your gruesome side with this gory dish!
- 250g linguine
- 1 190g jar of green pesto (or use homemade pesto)
- 10 pcs hot dogs
- 1-2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 large white onion
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Green food colouring (optional)
- Cook the Linguine according to package direction, but add a few drops of green food colouring in your pasta water before boiling. This is optional but will definitely add some "icky" and "eww' factor when you serve the pasta.
- Set aside when cooked.
- For the "severed fingers", cut your hot dogs in half, horizontally.
- In the rounded end of the hot dog make a shallow square-shaped cut to make the fingernails. Make three small cuts in the middle part.
- Boil your hot dogs until cooked.
- Cut your white onions into small square pieces to resemble fingernails.
- Microwave your onions for about 30 seconds in a shallow plate with a splash of water to cook it.
- Squeeze a small dollop of ketchup on your fingernail and attach the cooked white onion pieces to make them look like bloody fingernails.
- In a small pan, heat your pesto and add the cooked linguine. Sprinkle with salt and parmesan cheese to taste.
- Transfer in a serving dish and garnish with your "severed fingers".