Wiggly Worm Cupcakes
Children, and the young at heart, will love these creepy-crawly chocolate cupcakes perfect for a Halloween trick and treat.
For the muffin mix
- 225g caster sugar
- 15g baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 225ml semi skimmed milk
- 250ml good vegetable oil
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 350g self rising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
For the buttercream
- 50g margarine
- 10g cocoa powder
- 100g icing sugar
For the chocolate soil and worms
- 20g margarine
- 35g plain flour
- 10g caster sugar
- 3g cocoa powder
- 1 packet jelly snakes
- Sieve the self-raising flour, baking powder, cocoa powder into a bowl
- Whisk together the sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla essence and vegetable oil until light and fluffy.
- Fold the dry mixture through the wet mixture until combined but leaving it very, very light.
- This mixture should make approximately 12 muffins so divide into the muffin cases weighed out at 100gr per portion
- Bake at 175°C for approximately 18-22 mins.
- Leave to cool to room temperature, cover then leave to one side
- Make the chocolate buttercream by blending the cocoa powder, margarine and icing sugar and leave to rest.
- Prepare the chocolate crumble mix by rubbing the cocoa, plain flour and sugar together to combine until the crumb stage then bake at 160°C for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Finish by spreading approximately 15gr of the buttercream over the top of your muffins, then sprinkle 8gr of the crumble mix to give the soil look!!
- Chop the worms in half, then push the back half into the top of your muffin with the head sticking out –yummy!