Vegan Hoisin Pancakes with tofu fried rice
This delicious duck free version of the famous Chinese pancake recipe is sure to delight vegans, flexitarians and omnivores alike.
For the pancakes and rice
- 250g Linda McCartney vegan shredded hoisin duck
- 125 ml Hoisin sauce
- 10 Chinese pancakes
- 100g leeks - thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 100g carrots - thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 100g cucumber - thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 150g tofu -crushed
- 300g basmati rice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g red onion -sliced
- 3 garlic cloves -crushed
- 5 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp ginger root
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 250g peas
- 250g sweetcorn
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 25g chives
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Cook the rice according to instructions, drain and rinse in cold water. Put a tablespoon of oil in a wok and heat. Add the vegan shredded duck and cook for 7 minutes adding 25ml water. Remove and keep warm.
- Add more oil to the wok and add the onion and stir fry for two minutes and then add the garlic. Add half the sesame oil and then the ginger, spices and crushed tofu. Stir fry for two minutes, then increase the heat and add the rice and heat thoroughly. Mix in the peas, sweetcorn and soy sauce and heat through.
- Warm the pancakes and spread with hoisin sauce. Add the warm vegan duck, cucumber, leek and carrot matchsticks and roll the pancakes. Add the rice to a serving dish and put the pancakes on top – serve with extra hoisin sauce for dipping.