These lightly spiced biscuits make for a lovely wintery treat with a cup of tea or hot chocolate, are fun to make with kids and also make great gifts for vegan, and non-vegan friends and family.
For the gingerbread
- 90g plain flour
- 45g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 30g dairy free baking butter
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Icing and decorations
- Preheat the oven to 170 C
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the vegan butter and use hands to make a breadcrumb consistency
- In a separate bowl whisk the oil and golden syrup together
- Mix the syrup into the flour mix and form a dough. Knead until soft.
- Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 15 mins
- Roll out dough to 5 mm thickness and cut into any shapes you fancy
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown
- Once cool decorate