Spiced Apple Porridge recipe
A warming bowlful of delicious and healthy spiced apple porridge from our McCarthy Stone Retirement Living Plus chefs
For the porride
- Makes 4 portions
- 125g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 50g frozen cranberries
- 0.5 tsp mixed spice
- Sugar to taste
- 50g Porridge oats
- 500 ml whole milk
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla extract
- Place apples in a pan with 25ml water.
- Cook gently until soft but not completely mushy (be careful, Bramleys break down quite quickly).
- Turn up the heat a little and add the cranberries, mixed spice and sugar.
- To make the porridge tip the oats, sugar and the milk into a separate pan
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 mins or so stirring all the time until soft and creamy.
- Top the porridge with the spiced apple mixture (hot or cold)