Homemade Chocolate Truffles with Extra Christmas Cheer!
Make these easy creamy and silky chocolate truffles are the perfect homemade gift to wow family and friends this year! They are super easy to make and will impress any chocolate lover!
For the truffles
- 226g finely chopped chocolate
- 160ml of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
For the topping
- cocoa powder
- crushed nuts
- melted or tempered chocolate
- Anything else you fancy!
- Place the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream until it is simmering. You can heat it on the stove or in a microwave
- Add the butter to the chocolate and pour the heavy cream evenly on the top. Let the warm cream and chocolate sit for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract then stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Scoop the set truffle mixture into 2 teaspoon-sized mounds or use a tablespoon mound for bigger truffles. Roll each into balls.
- Roll each into toppings of your choice. Truffles taste best at room temperature!
- Cover tightly and store at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.