Easy Stove-top Eggs
A quick lunch or supper that can help use up what’s left in your fridge
For the eggs
- 350g new potatoes
- 100g chorizo
- sliced 1 red onion
- sliced 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4 hens eggs
- A few sprigs fresh parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- Place a saucepan of water on to boil and cook the potatoes for around 10 minutes or until nearly cooked through.
- Drain and place to one side.
- Place the chorizo in a frying pan or suitable hob-to-table-pan and fry for 5 minutes on a medium heat or until starting to crisp and release oil.
- Transfer to a bowl and place to one side leaving the oil in the pan.
- Add the onion and peppers to the pan and fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cooked potatoes and fry for a further 5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Return the chorizo to the pan and stir everything together.
- Make an indent in the vegetables for each egg and crack them into the gaps.
- Place a lid on the pan and allow to cook for 5 minutes or until the white is cooked.
- Scatter over the parsley, season with pepper and serve.