Creamy Parsnip and Squash Bake
Make the most of the seasonal bounty of British parsnips with this hearty and comforting creamy parsnip and squash bake.
- 430ml Double cream
- 1 Small onion
- 2 Sprigs thyme
- 500g Parsnips
- 500g Butternut squash
- 25g Gruyere or cheddar (grated)
- Place the cream, onion and thyme into a pan and bring to a mild temp and remove from the heat.
- Remove the onion and thyme.
- Preheat oven to 160.c.
- Once the oven is preheating, peel, de-seed and thinly slice the butternut squash and parsnips.
- Layer the parsnips and squash in a dish and season well.
- Pour over the infused cream, season again, scatter with the cheese on top.
- Bake for about an hour until golden.