Crab, Tomato & Basil Linguine Recipe
Very quick to cook, this simple combination makes a stylish pasta dish. Serve as a main course accompanied by a crisp-textured green side salad.
- 250g (8oz) ripe tomatoes
- 400g (14oz) linguine
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 300g (10oz) fresh crab meat (white and brown), or you can use fresh tuna
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 50ml (2fl oz) dry white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Begin by scalding the ripe tomatoes. Pour boiling water over the tomatoes in a heatproof bowl. Set aside for 1 minute, then drain and carefully peel off the skin using a sharp knife.
- Halve the tomatoes, scoop out the soft pulp and discard, and finely dice the flesh.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over a high heat. Add the linguine and cook for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry briefly until fragrant. Then add the crab meat, chilli and wine. Season with pepper and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until the wine has cooked down to form a sauce. Stir in the diced tomato.
- Toss together the drained linguine, sauce and shredded basil leaves, ensuring the pasta is well coated in the sauce. Serve at once.