Coconut Braised Pumpkin Recipe
This delicious Chinese recipe combines warm spicy flavours with creamy coconut milk. Serve with stir fried veg or steamed rice.
- 2 cloves of garlic - chopped
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 medium pumpkin peeled and deseeded - cut into 8
- 2 tins/800ml of coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 lemon grass
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 lime - zested and juiced
- 1 red chilli - sliced thinly
- 1/2 bunch coriander - chopped
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- In a casserole dish with a little oil fry off the garlic and onion then add the pumpkin.
- Cover the pumpkin with coconut milk and add chilli flakes and coriander seeds. Add the lemon grass, ginger and ½ of the lime juice. Cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until tender (longer if needed)
- Once cooked, to serve, sprinkle sliced chilli, lime zest and coriander over the braised pumpkin.