Chocolate and Panettone Bread Pudding recipe
A delicious hot panettone and chocolate Christmas pudding recipe, perfect for Christmas day, from our McCarthy Stone chefs.
For the bread pudding
- Butter for greasing
- 900g fruit panettone
- 5-6 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 30g caster sugar
- 800ml double cream, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease a large ovenproof dish.
- Slice the panettone into thin wedges and arrange half in the dish, overlapping each piece.
- Drizzle with half the amaretto, then scatter over half the chopped chocolate.
- Repeat with the remaining panettone, amaretto and chocolate.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and sugar, then whisk in the cream. Pour evenly over the top of the panettone, then let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes until puffed up and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving with more double cream.
- Makes 10 servings