Chipotle chicken grilled cheese sandwich recipe
Gooey, tangy, spicy and tongue-tinglingly delicious this decadent chicken and cheese toastie is just the ticket for an indulgent lunch for two.
For the chicken
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 10-12 slices of Emmi Le Gruyere
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the chipotle sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chilli sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. dried dill
- Salt to taste
- Place an even layer of cheese on two slices of bread.
- Top with shredded chicken
- and onions.
- Drizzle a layer or chipotle sauce (2 teaspoons), then top with more cheese.
- Top sandwich with the other slice of bread.
- Heat griddle or pan to medium heat.
- Add one teaspoon butter, place sandwich on griddle and cook on each side for two-three minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and the bread is golden and crispy. Eat quickly…