Pumpkin, Chilli, Spinach & Feta Parcels recipe
Makes 8 portions
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 finely sliced red onions
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 0.5 red chilli - finely chopped
- 600g pumpkin or butternut squash
- 5 sage leaves
- 250g baby leaf spinach
- 500g puff pastry
- 200g small diced feta cheese
- Juice 1/4 lemon
- Salt and black pepper
- Melt butter and the olive oil and fry the onion.
- Add the garlic, chilli, pumpkin, sage and a splash of veg stock or water.
- Cook gently for about 10 minutes until the pumpkin is cooked.
- Stir through the baby leaf spinach and set aside.
- Add the feta and the lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into squares, about 12cm.
- Place the filling in the middle and bring the corners to the middle and seal.
- Brush with egg wash and bake until golden
Chris been working in catering for over 24 years and spent many years alongside Michelin starred chefs. He’s a multi-medal winner in annual Salon Culinaire events and winner of ‘Best in class’ at the ‘Master seafood chefs of Great Britain’ competition in Hotelympia. He says, ‘Pride and authenticity are key to the making of a good chef.
Did you know we do food?
Find more recipes and seasonal content below...
Enjoy the health benefits of homemade sauerkraut with Dr. Caroline Gilmartin’s simple how to guide.
Almost a health food, this blueberry loaf cake recipe from McCarthy Stone is gluten free, dairy free and low in sugar.
Buttery pastry filled with a tangy yet creamy cheese and spinach filling, this homemade quiche recipe is bound to be a crowd pleaser.
If you’re looking for a new retirement hobby, cold water swimming has seen a huge surge in popularity. Find inspiration on getting started here.
Like this article? Subscribe to receive our weekly newsletter!