Gluten free blueberry loaf recipe
Almost a health food, this blueberry loaf cake recipe from McCarthy Stone is gluten free, dairy free and low in sugar.
For the blueberry loaf
- 300g gluten free flour
- 250 g dairy free margarine
- 30 g sweetener
- 150 g frozen blueberries
- 4 chopped fresh mint leaves
- 100 ml orange juice
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 165 C. Grease and line a 900 g (2 lb.) loaf tin.
- Beat the flour, margarine, sweetener & eggs until white and fluffy.
- Gently fold in blueberries and orange juice until fully incorporated / mixed.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 45 min or until risen, brown and firm to the touch. If the loaf looks as though it is browning too much after about 30 min, place a piece of foil sheet or tin foil loosely over the top. Continue cooking until golden brown or a knife comes clean from the centre.
- Leave the loaf to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack.