Triple choc brownies recipe
These triple choc brownies are the ultimate gooey chocolate brownies in our opinion.
For the brownies
- 240g dark chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 5g baking powder
- 60g plain flour
- 100g broken walnuts
- Heat oven up to 180°C. Line a deep-sided baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter in bowl over a bain-marie. Stir constantly until they have melted completely; take the bowl off the bain-marie and leave to cool slightly
- Using an electric mixer whisk the eggs and sugar until doubled in volume and well aerated. Now fold in the melted chocolate/butter mixture.
- Add the vanilla essence and then sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Fold into your wet mixture carefully so as not to knock out any air.
- Finally fold in the broken walnuts and milk chocolate and pour into the mould.
- It should take approximately 30 minutes for the brownies to cook; check by pushing a cocktail stick into the tray. The stick should come out slightly wet
- Once done, pull out of the oven and cool down on a wire rack. Leave in the fridge to set in an airtight container.