Roast tomatoes with anchovy and basil recipe
A brilliant fresh tomato recipe to use up a glut of tomatoes.
For the roast tomatoes
- 500g seasonal ripe tomatoes of your choice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- a drizzle of olive oil
For the dressing
- 3 small anchovy fillets
- 40ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- A handful of basil leaves
- Place your choice of tomatoes in a roasting tin.
- Crush the garlic cloves and add to the tin.
- Trickle over olive oil.
- Roast at 200/gas 6 for about 20 mins.
- Mash the anchovies with the olive oil and vinegar. Tear in the basil leaves.
- When the tomatoes come out of the oven, toss them immediately in the dressing and leave to cool.