Enjoy a delicious heart-warming soup during the cold weather to beat the winter blues! Fight off any sign of cold or flu with this immune-boosting soup!
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 400g Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and finely diced
- 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1.1 litres vegetable stock
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 100g oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced into rings (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Sea salt and a good amount of freshly ground black pepper
- Leaves from 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a large pain over a low-medium heat and sauté the onion and Jerusalem artichokes for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften and turn golden.
- Add the garlic and ginger and continue to cook for another minute. Add the stock, mushrooms, chili (if using) and tumeric. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until the Jerusalem artichokes are completely tender.
- Stir in the lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Either leave as it is or blend until smooth in a liquidiser or with a stick blender. Finish by stirring the coriander leaves through and serve.