Herby Spring Chicken Pie
Spring is in the air! And this recipe for zesty Herby Spring Chicken Pie is perfect right now. Quick, easy, light and delicious
For the chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for brushing over the pastry
- bunch spring onions sliced into 3cm pieces
- 250g frozen spinach
- 400g Shredded cooked chicken
- 350ml hot chicken stock
- ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 200g frozen peas
- 200ml half-fat crème fraîche
- ½ small bunch tarragon,
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 270g pack filo pastry
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow casserole dish on a medium heat.
- Add the spring onions and fry for 3 mins, then stir through the frozen spinach and cook for 2 mins or until it’s starting to wilt. Add the shredded Chicken.
- Stir through the stock and mustard. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5-10 mins.
- Stir in the peas, crème fraîche and herbs, then remove from the heat.
- Scrunch the filo pastry sheets over the mixture, brush with a little oil and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
- Serve with green salad or vegetables.