Grilled mackerel with beetroot and horseradish recipe
This mackerel recipe makes for a quick, tasty and healthy light lunch.
For the mackerel
- 2 mackerel fillets (about 300g/11oz)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small beetroot peeled and very thinly sliced
- 100g red onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice plus lemon wedges, to serve
- 100g full-fat natural bio yoghurt
- Small pack chives
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- Rub a small amount of oil on the skins of the mackerel. Set aside
- Add the red onions and beetroot to a bowl and drizzle with the lemon juice. Mix the yoghurt and the horse radish
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat or pre heat the grill. Fry skin side down or grill skin side up from 2 - 3 mins.
- Place the onions and beet root on a plate and dress with horseradish cream. Place the sizzling mackerel on the salad and dress with a squeeze of lemon.