Easy chilli con carne recipe
This easy chilli con carne recipe from our chef partners at Radish is a big hit in the restaurants in McCarthy Stone Retirement Living Plus developments. Serve with rice, sour cream, cheese and tortillas. Enjoy!
Ingredients 200g onions, 8g ground cumin 4g mild chilli powder 800g tinned tomatoes 1 garlic glove - pureed 150g red Kidney beans 30g rapeseed oil 400g red peppers 1 kilo lean beef mince 60g tomato puree
- 1. Dice the onion and fry in the oil until soft.
- 2. Add the garlic and spices
- 3. Add the mince and stir well unitl browned
- 4. Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato puree and peppers
- 5. Bring to the boil then simmer for at least an hour
- 6. Season with salt & pepper
- Serve with sour cream, white rice, grated Cheddar Cheese and a baked flour tortilla