Apple and Cinnamon Cake Recipe
Use up the gorgeous glut of autumn apples with this delicious traditional teatime treat - it can also be made to be gluten and dairy free.
For the cake
- 100g gluten free or regular self-rising flour
- 1 large tablespoon of sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6g baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 45ml water
- 100g dairy free margarine or butter
- 1kg eating apples
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/390 ̊F/gas mark 6
- Sift the flour into a bowl and mix in the sweetener, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the eggs and water. Whisk and add in the melted margarine/ butter
- Peel and core the apples, cut them into large slices, then gently fold them into the batter.
- Grease a cake tin (around 23cm in diameter)
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 35 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack and leave to cool before serving.