New! Retirement properties coming soon to Kirkby, Liverpool.
Sign up now for updates or call 0800 201 4811 to find out more about these beautiful retirement homes, which are exclusively available as part of our Shared Ownership scheme – now you can have the retirement lifestyle you’ve dreamed of, without paying the full price.
These lovely independent living apartments for the over 60s are set within a convenient location in the heart of Kirkby, on the outskirts of Liverpool. This retirement development is close to a wide range of local amenities including the thriving outdoor market, the town centre, a large supermarket, pubs, eateries, a leisure centre and a medical centre. With a bus stop and a train station nearby, this retirement community is well connected too, with excellent links to the surrounding towns and villages, including Liverpool city centre.
Easy independent living for the over 60s
If you're looking for Shared Ownership in Liverpool, this Retirement Living development in Kirkby could be perfect. You can choose from a selection of one or two bedroom retirement apartments, with either patios on the ground floor or Juliet balconies above. The site offers attractive shared spaces including landscaped gardens and a stylish lounge with free Wi-Fi, all designed for socialising and hosting regular clubs and parties. For total peace of mind, you’ll find a caring on-site manager to keep an eye on everything. We understand that pets are part of your family, so well behaved pets are welcome too.
Low maintenance and sociable
This Retirement Living development is designed to encourage community feeling to flourish, while also allowing you to enjoy the complete privacy of your own retirement apartment. You'll enjoy stylish well-maintained communal spaces, including the communal lounge, and landscaped gardens ideal for meeting your friends, neighbours and family for a drink and a chat. We find the communal facilities soon become social hubs, a hive of informal gatherings and regular clubs, events and meet-ups to suit all sorts of interests. Our communities offer things like film nights, fish and chip lunches, knitting clubs, cocktail evenings, music, yoga, birthday parties and even the odd fiesta.
Safe, secure and energy efficient
All our new Shared Ownership homes in Kirkby and beyond are designed with intelligent ergonomics and Modern Methods of Construction, carefully crafted with easy living in mind. Well-insulated, warm and energy efficient, you’ll benefit from lower living costs. All the latest safety and security features are built in, so you and your family will have the peace of mind of knowing that there’s a 24-hour emergency call system, intruder alarms, fire detection and a door camera entry system included as standard.
- Ideally located in the thriving town of Kirkby, with local amenities including supermarkets, healthcare services and eateries on your doorstep
- Energy efficient properties expertly designed with safety and security in mind, for a stress-free independent lifestyle
- Elegant communal lounge for parties, events and everyday socialising with friends and neighbours
- Dedicated manager onsite during office hours to help keep everything running smoothly
- Maintained landscaped gardens for evening cocktails and lazy summer afternoons
- Fantastic transport links, including a bus stop directly outside the development, for easy access to Liverpool city centre and surrounding towns and villages
- Camera entry system
- Intruder alarm
- 24/7 call system
- Car parking
- Lifts to all floors
- Mobility scooter room
- Pets allowed
- House Manager
- Landscaped gardens
See for yourself what the McCarthy Stone development in Kirkby will have to offer with a virtual tour of a typical Communal Lounge.
- Electricity, heating and lighting (communal areas)
- Water and sewage (communal areas and apartments)
- Maintenance of building and gardens
- Building insurance
- Development staff
- Future maintenance fund
- Professional fees
- Emergency call system
- Income to guest suites and sundry income
What's not included?
- Electricity, heating and lighting (apartments)
- Home and contents insurance
- Council Tax
- Phone / broadband
- TV licence / TV service
- You can enjoy the McCarthy Stone lifestyle without paying the full purchase price.
- Buying a percentage share of the property allows you to manage your finances to cater for possible future needs.
- If you buy 75% of the value of the property, there is no rent to pay on the outstanding share.
- If you buy 50% of the value of the property, you will pay rent on the outstanding share.
- You could claim up to £500 a year to help with essential repairs in the first 10 years.
With this scheme, you can purchase up to 75% of the value of your property – and if you own 75%, you won’t pay any rent on the outstanding 25% share. It provides a more affordable way to buy one of our retirement properties.
What is Shared Ownership and who are Homes England?
Is Shared Ownership available at all your locations?
Who will own the share of the property I don’t buy?
Do I need financial advice?
Will a financial review be needed?
What will it cost upfront?
You should plan for some one-off costs associated with your purchase, including, but not limited to the following:
• Reservation deposit (which is deducted from your final purchase)
• Solicitors Fees and disbursements
• Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) in England.
Your solicitor will be able to tell you if the tax applies and how much it will be
• Estate Agent fees if selling a current property
Can I purchase a parking space?
What does the £500 essential repairs include?
Shared Ownership Explained
Offers Too Good To Miss
Nobody expects moving home to be easy, but we’re here to help you every step of the way; from the moment you make a reservation, through to the day you move in. Our Easy Move service ensures everything goes like clockwork, which includes helping with the cost*.
To find our more please call 0800 201 4811.
*Terms and conditions apply
Things to do in Kirkby, Liverpool
The attractive St Chads Church is also worth a visit. It dates back to 1871 and was once the site of a mediaeval church. The font is around 900 years old and the churchyard is an ancient and beautiful space which leads you into both Millbrook Millennium Park and Millennium Green. These are open green spaces with natural grasslands and woodland providing a haven for wildlife. Mill Brook runs along the length of the parks and supports wetland habitats. Another place for a pleasant stroll or dog walk is Mill Dam Park which has a lake that is perfect for fishing or feeding the ducks, as well as an excellent coffee shop.
If you enjoy keeping active in retirement, then Kirkby Leisure centre has gym facilities, classes and a swimming pool and our new retirement homes are ideally placed close by. The retirement flats are also a short walk from the popular Kirkby Market which has over 130 stalls and has been open for over 50 years, selling everything from baked goods to gifts.
- Conveniently situated close to these local amenities:
- Kirkby Outdoor Market 0.1 miles
- Kirkby Town Centre 0.4 miles
- Medical Centre 0.1 miles
- Morrisons Supermarket 0.1 miles
The development is located less than 0.1 miles from Morrisons and various local amenities including; the Town Centre (0.4 miles), a medical centre (0.1 miles), a leisure centre (0.3 miles), a post office (0.2 miles) and the popular Kirkby Outdoor Market (0.1 miles).
You'll also find plenty of transport options in the area, including several local bus services with a stop close to the development, and the Kirkby train station 1 mile away, offering services into Liverpool Lime Street and further across the North West.
We would highly recommend to people who don’t think they have the funds to make the move, to find out more because it’s well worth it.