What is a Retirement Community?
Retirement communities are a popular option with retirees looking to maintain their independence and privacy while also having a network of friends and neighbours on the doorstep and help available should they require it. A retirement community is ideal for people who want to improve their social life and meet new people. You’ll have the opportunity to get to know neighbours on the development through the shared social spaces - like the large gardens or communal lounges. Often there will be a calendar of activities, clubs and social events too, from film nights to cocktail evenings. But, crucially, you’ll have a private retirement property for when you want to enjoy your own space.
How does a Retirement Community work?
In a McCarthy Stone retirement community, you have your own retirement property that you can buy, rent or Part Buy Part Rent. This means you can choose when you want to spend time with others and be part of the activities - and when you want time to yourself. All McCarthy Stone retirement developments are designed to create the sense of community and independence that you'd find in a retirement village - but with all the convenience of being well connected to nearby amenities, such as shops, travel connections and restaurants.
Each of our developments has a regular schedule of events, such as coffee mornings, fish and chip suppers and quiz nights for you to join in if you wish. Plus with neighbours close by, a communal lounge and restaurant (at Retirement Living Plus developments) there are plenty of opportunities to mix and socialise.
We offer different types of retirement communities so you can find the one that suits you: Our options include:
Built for the over 55s, a Lifestyle Living apartment allows you to live in a low-maintenance property that’s designed to maximise space and light.
At a Lifestyle Living property, you’ll receive:
- An outstanding property in a prime location.
- A high level of security including door camera entry, a fire-detection system and, at selected developments, a gated car park.
- A private outdoor space or balcony.
- All the gardening and exterior maintenance taken care of.
Plus, you’ll benefit from a great range of services paid through your service charge, including buildings insurance, security lighting for communal areas, window cleaning and equipment such as the lift and door entry system.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then start your search for a Lifestyle Living property now.
A Retirement Living apartment provides all of the benefits of a Lifestyle Living retirement community but with added benefits. Specifically designed for the over 60s, these retirement communities also provide you with:
- A House Manager based at the development who organises events, provides help and support and keeps the retirement community running smoothly
- A great value luxury hotel-style guest suite for when family and friends come to visit
- A communal lounge for meeting friends and neighbours
Is a Retirement Living apartment right for your next adventure? Take a look at some of our high-quality retirement properties for sale across the UK.
Retirement Living PLUS
If you’d like a bit of extra support but don’t want to give up your independent lifestyle, then one of our Retirement Living PLUS retirement communities is ideal. You’ll get all the benefits of a Retirement Living apartment, but you’ll also find:
- An Estate Management Team on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- One hour of domestic support, for example, cleaning, each week
- A chef run restaurant or bistro serving everything from barista coffee and cake to three course meals, for those times when you don't feel like cooking
- Bespoke and flexible domestic and personal care on tap that can be dialled up and down - so you only pay for what you use
- Some Retirement Living PLUS developments also offer Wellness Suites, Hairdressers and Beauty Salons too.
Does a Retirement Living PLUS apartment sound perfect for your needs? Then start your search for a brand-new retirement property today.