Sometimes it's good to know you have support
Retirement communities are popular options with retirees looking to maintain their independence while also living safe in the knowledge that help is available, should they require it.
What is a Retirement Community?
If one of your concerns about later life is becoming lonely or more isolated, then a retirement community could be just what you need. You’ll have the opportunity to meet like-minded people on the development and make friends in the nearby town centre. But, crucially, you’ll have a private space you can call your own.
In a McCarthy Stone retirement community, you have your own apartment that you can buy, rent or Part Buy Part Rent. This means you can choose when you want to spend time with others and be part of the activities - and when you want time to yourself.
How Do Retirement Communities Work?
All McCarthy Stone retirement communities are designed to create the sense of community and independence that you'd find in a retirement village - but with all the convenience of being well connected to nearby amenities, such as shops, travel connections and restaurants.
Each of our developments has a regular schedule of events, such as coffee mornings, fish and chip suppers and quiz nights for you to join in if you wish. Plus with like-minded neighbours close by, a communal lounge and restaurant (at Retirement Living Plus developments) there are plenty of opportunities to mix and socialise, so you'll never be on your own for long.
We offer different types of retirement communities to meet different needs and requirements, so we always ensure that you have a level of independence and support that suits you. Our options include:
Built for the over 55s, a Lifestyle Living apartment allows you to live in a low-maintenance property that’s designed to maximise space and light.
At a Lifestyle Living property, you’ll receive:
- An outstanding property in a prime location.
- A high level of security including door camera entry, a fire-detection system and, at selected developments, a gated car park.
- A private outdoor space or balcony.
- All the gardening and exterior maintenance taken care of.
- Communal areas where you can meet like-minded people.
Plus, as part of the Lifestyle Management Service, you’ll benefit from a great range of services paid through your service charge, including buildings insurance, security lighting for communal areas, window cleaning and equipment such as the lift and door entry system.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then start your search for a Lifestyle Living property today.
If you’d like all of these great features but would also like your day-to-day living to be a little easier, then a Retirement Living apartment is the ideal solution. Specifically designed for the over 60s, these retirement communities also provide you with:
- A House Manager based at the development who will organise events, provide support and keep the retirement community running smoothly.
- A great value guest suite for when family and friends come to visit.
- A property that’s been designed with over 60s in mind, including fittings and appliances at convenient heights, walk-in wardrobes, a secure door entry system and a 24-hour emergency call system
If you think that a Retirement Living apartment is perfect for your next adventure, then take a look at some of our high-quality retirement properties for sale across the UK.
Retirement Living PLUS
If you’d like a bit of extra support but don’t want to give up your independent lifestyle, then one of our Retirement Living PLUS retirement communities is ideal. You’ll get all the benefits of a Retirement Living apartment, but you’ll also find:
- An Estate Management Team on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- One hour of help around the house each week.
- A flexible level of personal care, so you can change the amount of support you receive whenever you need.
- A table service restaurant where you can dine at the development instead of cooking.
If you believe that a Retirement Living PLUS apartment is perfect for your needs, then start your search for a brand-new retirement property today.