Sometimes it’s good to know you have support
However you choose to spend your retirement, it helps to make sure that your day-to-day living is as easy as possible.
Extra Assisted Care Explained
To help with this, many people choose to live in an Extra Assisted Care property during their retirement years. Sometimes known as Extra Care Housing or Housing With Care, these properties allow you to retain your independence but also mean that you’re assisted with tasks such as washing, dressing, going to the toilet or taking medication.
Retirement Living PLUS and Extra Assisted Care
Our Retirement Living PLUS properties are an example of Extra Assisted Care properties. When you own, rent or part buy and part rent a luxury apartment in one of these retirement communities, you don’t have to worry about tiresome chores like gardening and maintaining a building. Plus, you’ll receive an hour of dedicated care each week that you can use on tasks you’d like help with. This could be help with the washing up, help cleaning or help grocery shopping.
Our self-contained properties that come with Extra Assisted Care allow you to keep your independence, allow you to live close to like-minded people and mean that you’ll have a helpful team of friendly faces nearby, just in case you ever need them.
With all three types, you'll get:
- A high-quality home that's designed with you in mind. Our apartments come with fixtures and fittings at convenient heights, non-slip flooring, lever taps, and handy grab rails in the bathroom.
- A 24-hour emergency call system, so you can get help whenever you need it.
- Communal spaces where you can spend time with your neighbours, friends or family.
- A professionally landscaped garden that's maintained by us.
At our Retirement Living properties, you’ll get all of the above plus a few additional features such as:
- An on-site Housing Manager who’s available to help during office hours.
- A guest suite for when family and friends would like to stay.
A property that comes with Extra Assisted Care, such as a Retirement Living PLUS apartment, can give you everything above, as well as:
- An hour's worth of domestic assistance each week as standard.
- A helpful team that's on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- A personal care package that's flexible around your needs – you only pay for what you use, and you can change the level of support as you go along.
- A table service restaurant that's open every day. So if you don't always feel like cooking, you won't have to.
If you think a Retirement Living PLUS development sounds like a good fit, you can rest assured that you'll be in safe hands. Each member of our passionate and friendly staff is certified by the DBS (The Disclosure and Barring Service) and our personal care service is regulated by the Care Quality Commission.
Extra Assisted Care: Making it Easier to Live an Independent Life
Extra Assisted Care can be the perfect choice if you think you might need a little extra help to make it easier to live an independent life. But remember that a Retirement Living PLUS development isn't a care home, and we don't offer nursing care – so if you have ongoing medical needs, it might not be the right choice for you.
If you'd like to live as an independent homeowner with like-minded neighbours and a supportive team nearby, have a look through some of our latest developments at locations all across the UK.