1. The competition is open to UK residents aged 60 or over, except employees of McCarthy & Stone, their immediate family or anyone directly connected with this competition.
2. Entries can be made by people nominating themselves or being nominated by another member of the public. 3. Entrants should either (1) collect entry form from a participating McCarthy & Stone development or (2) download the entry form from the McCarthy & Stone website – www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk.
4. Entries can be made by completing and submitting the entry form online or completing the entry form and placing it in a competition entry box within a participating McCarthy & Stone development.
5. Entry forms will be judged by the Promoter and the best entries (in the judge’s sole discretion) will be called for a telephone interview between Monday 9th May 2016 and Sunday 22nd May 2016. Following the interview, three entries per region will be selected as finalists for that region and then their entry forms will be reviewed by a panel of judges between 20th June and 27th June. The judges will select one overall winner per region who will receive a £100 experience voucher.
The nine regional winners will go forward to a social vote on https://www.facebook.com/mccarthystone where their photograph and mini profile will be featured. McCarthy & Stone Facebook fans will vote for the national winner who will have the option to choose the main prize of one holiday from a list of holidays provided by Saga Holidays. These include: (1) 17 night A World in One Country escorted tour – South Africa (2) up to a maximum 16 nights at the Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort – Mauritius (3) A cruise on either the Saga Pearl II or Saga Sapphire for up to 15 nights. Prizes must have been claimed by December 2017. For more information please visit www.saga.co.uk or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The regions are as follows: Southern, South East, South West, North London, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Scotland.
6. Entrants should note that McCarthy & Stone will not return any Entries.
7. By submitting your entry, you hereby declare that all information submitted by you is true, accurate, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of any entry.
8. Entry into the competition will open at 12:00 (BST) on Monday 4th April 2016 and will close at 23:59 (BST) on Friday 6th May 2016. No bulk entries will be accepted. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate, incomplete or illegible entries.
9. The voting to select the winner on Facebook will take place from 11th July 2016 to 29 July 2016.
10. The national winner of the main prize will be notified by telephone by 8th August 2016 using the contact details provided. The Promoter’s announcement of the winning entrant is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If the winner cannot be contacted the Promoter reserves the right to choose an alternative winner.
11. For the national prize winner’s name and county of residence please send a stamped addressed envelope to: Colourful Characters, c/o McCann PR, Highlands Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4WE.
12. The main prize for the national winner will be a holiday experience of a lifetime for two provided by Saga Holidays. The prize will include flights but all other travel expenses is the winner’s responsibility to arrange. The winner and travelling companion must purchase adequate insurance. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Should the winner choose a holiday of a lesser value or specification, no alternative in monetary terms or otherwise will be offered to make up the difference.
14. The prize is subject to both availability and Saga’s booking conditions.
15. The regional finalists, regional winners and the national winner agree to take part in non-paid publicity (including photography, national and regional advertising campaigns and social media, national and regional media relations if required) relating to the competition.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to control, amend and/or terminate this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control with no liability to entrants or third parties.
17. By taking part in this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Promoter: McCarthy & Stone Retirement Lifestyles Limited, 4th Floor, 100 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH8 8AQ. Reference to “McCarthy & Stone” in the Terms and Conditions includes any and all companies within the McCarthy & Stone Group of Companies