One of the best parts of retirement is having the freedom to spend more time with your friends, family and loved ones.
That's why both retirement villages and our own developments are becoming increasingly popular. You can keep living your independent lifestyle, and still be part of a supportive community of like-minded people.
In many ways, a retirement village is similar to a McCarthy & Stone development. In both cases, you'll have:
- A secure, self-contained property that's owned by you.
- Shared spaces and gardens that are professionally maintained.
- A little extra help and support if you ever need it.
- A community of friendly neighbours, where you can mix and socialise as much or as little as you like.
How is a McCarthy & Stone development different?
Retirement villages are usually large-scale developments of up to 250 homes, built outside of towns and designed as complete neighbourhoods. They often come with a range of internal services, such as a health club, a café, a swimming pool and a pub.
For some people, it's a convenient option, and they like having a range of facilities within a self-contained development. But others might not like the idea of relying too much on just what's on offer in the village, and their distance away from a town centre might make it harder to visit friends and family outside of the community.
McCarthy & Stone developments are typically built in well-connected central locations, and our smaller-sized communities of around 40 properties make it easier for us to give the right level of personal care and support.
Instead of providing our own pubs and cafés, we build properties that are either in, or close to, town centres, so you can easily visit and meet people both inside and outside the development. You'll also have a full range of shops, restaurants and public transport of a town centre within easy reach.
What if I need some extra help?
We offer two types of sheltered housing: Retirement Living and Assisted Living.
In both types of development, you'll have:
- A secure, self-contained property that you own.
- A friendly House Manager who's on-site during office hours.
- A 24-hour emergency call system.
- A communal homeowners' lounge, a professionally landscaped garden, and a guest suite for visitors to stay in.
With an Assisted Living property, you'll also get:
- An Estate Management team that's on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in case you need a little extra support.
- One hour of help around the house each week as standard.
- A flexible level of personal care, so you only pay for what you need, when you need it.
- A table service restaurant that's open every day.
If you'd like to own a luxury home with the same feeling of community and independence as a retirement village – but with all the convenience of being close to a town centre – start your search for a retirement property today.