Located amidst the picturesque scenery of Wroughton village, the latest development from McCarthy & Stone offers high quality, comfortable accommodation that has been thoughtfully designed specifically for the needs of those over 60.
- Raised height electrical sockets, fully fitted kitchen and shower room as well as built-in Telephone and TV points in the living room and main bedroom
- Balconies on selected apartments
- Car parking
- Club lounge area for socialising with friendly neighbours
- McCarthy & Stone Retirement Living apartments are designed to provide everything needed for independent living in later years. For added peace of mind each apartment comes complete with 24-hour emergency call systems, putting assistance on hand when it’s needed most
- Wroughton village is conveniently located within easy reach of Swindon city centre, which is easily accessible via a regular bus service
- Local buses also link to Trowbridge and Devizes, and the local towns of Elcombe, Hodson, Badbury Wick and Chiseldon are also close by and easy to access via road
Key dates for your diary
Construction is due to start in summer 2017 with the chance to reserve off-plan from early 2018. We look forward to welcoming our first homeowners in summer 2018.
Wroughton is a large village with over 8,000 residents, situated just three miles south of the city centre of Swindon. Sitting at the foot of the stunning Marlborough Downs (designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), the village offers the perfect combination of rural living and easy access to a wealth of amenities and attractions.
Just a few miles away sits Avebury henge, a World Heritage Site that is home to the largest known stone circle in Europe, thought to have Neolithic origins that date back to a similar era to Stonehenge. The stones and surrounding park area make a fantastic destination for day trips in the great outdoors. Knowledge seekers will also enjoy a trip to the Swindon Science Museum.
In Wroughton village there’s a recently refurbished community centre which hosts amateur dramatics, weddings, dances, craft fairs and other local functions. The calendar of events is constantly evolving, offering plenty of opportunity to meet local residents and participate in a range of activities.
Ridgeway Leisure Centre offers two sports halls which cater for badminton, netball, basketball, indoor cricket and squash. There are also two outdoor football pitches and a pay-as-you-go health and fitness suite.
The Ellendune Shopping centre is located just over half a mile from the new development offering a range of convenience shops including Tesco Express. There’s also a local café and a range of restaurants to choose from. For everyday shopping and small necessities there’s a new Morrison’s local store located just moments away. The village also boasts a doctors, dentists, florist and a local hospital.
See for yourself
If you would like to investigate the quality and atmosphere of a McCarthy & Stone development, visit our closest site to this development at Blunsdon Court, Swindon.