To register your interest in this development please call our sales team on 0800 201 4811.
Kirkgate is a fantastic Retirement Living development found in the North Yorkshire area of Settle and partially set within a conservation area which offers fantastic views. With a rich and vibrant history and convenient access to local facilities, this is an ideal spot for those seeking retirement flats in the North.
Set just moments from the picturesque Yorkshire Dales National Park and the Forest of Bowland, Settle is a bustling market town with plenty of charm and historic character, making it an ideal location for your retirement.
Settle is conveniently located close to the A65, offering easy access to Skipton and Kendal, as well as other local areas of interest. Giggleswick, Lancaster, Bradford and Clitheroe are also nearby. Regular bus services also connect the development with surrounding towns and villages.
As well as you owning a beautiful apartment to be proud of, this development will provide everything you would expect from a McCarthy and Stone Retirement Living development.
- Stunning outdoor living including a roof top terrace with dales views and landscaped gardens
- Beautiful market town location with a wide range of amenties close by
- Apartments with walk out balconies are available
- Excellent road and rail links links to surrounding areas including the famous Settle - Carlisle steam railway
- You can enjoy the company of friends and neighbours in the Homeowners' Lounge
- Feel secure in the knowledge there is a House Manager on hand to provide you with help and support should you need it at any time during the day
- Have friends or family over to stay in the comfortable guest suite*
- Secure video entry system and 24 hour emergency call for your peace of mind
Key dates for your diary
Planning has been approved and construction start date, sales release and first occupation are still to be confirmed.
A bustling market town found in the foothills of the Pennines, Kirkgate is a fantastic scenic location in picturesque North Yorkshire. The town is actually found beside the largest outcrop of limestone in Britain – offering plenty of spectacular views for locals.
For those interested in history, Settle’s past dates back to the 7th century with a number of key attractions still found in the market town. This includes the Grade I listed Folly, and the Naked Man building, which is believed to be the oldest cafe in the country.
Traditional values aren’t lost in this bustling town though and on Tuesdays Settle still hosts its weekly market.
In terms of transport links, Settle Railway Station serves the community with numerous local services, as well as journeys to locations found further afield. This includes popular villages such as Dent, Appleby and Carlisle. Road links are also available via the A65 and B6480 with the A65 also connecting to the M6 motorway.
Those interested in exploring the local area will also find plenty to do with ‘The Three Peaks’ – Whernside, Ingleborough and Pen-y-ghent all 700m high and one of the most popular outdoor areas found in the Dales.