We are delighted to offer a complimentary taxi service if you live within a 10 mile radius of Thackrah Court. If you would like to come and visit our development then please call us on 0800 201 4811 and we will arrange your complimentary taxi.
A warm, personal welcome awaits you at our Assisted Living development, Thackrah Court on Shadwell Lane, North Leeds.
Exclusively for people aged 70 and over, Thackrah Court has 60 one and two bedroom retirement apartments that benefit from a range of support services, including a dedicated on-site care team and a table service restaurant. Homeowners can live independently and securely, with the reassurance that help is at hand if they need it. It is the only development of it's kind in the area providing homeowners with:
- 24 hour, 365 days a year on site staffing for your security and peace of mind
- A table service restaurant serving freshly prepared 3 course meals daily for just £3.80. Why not take a look at an example of our weekly menu
- 1 hour of domestic assistance per week included
- Flexible domestic and personalised care packages available (additional charges apply)
- An estates team and handy man service on site
So why move to Thackrah Court?
- 1/2 acre of landscaped gardens provide perfect outdoor living. With a beautiful central Pergola and two large terraces with patio seating, our gardens are a very special place to enjoy those long summer days
- Thoughtfully designed apartments with level access showers and walk in or fitted wardrobes
- Beautifully appointed facilities including two large Homeowners Lounges and a function room which is free to hire for your events
- You will never be short of things to do at Thackrah Court – our established community make sure that there are a variety of activities available for all who want to get involved
- Excellent transport links into Leeds City Centre with a bus stop directly outside the development
Thackrah Court is ideally located between the desirable North Leeds suburbs of Shadwell and Moortown. Shadwell is a charming village and civil parish based just six miles away from the vibrant city centre of Leeds. There are plenty of local facilities including a medical centre, dentist, post office branch, library, newsagent, two churches, social club and tennis club. Whilst lively Moortown offers an abundance of shops, cafe's and restaurants including a Marks and Spencer Food Hall.
The development is close to the stunning eighteenth-century Harewood House stately home, which boasts a famous Bird Garden, contemporary art exhibitions, and over 100 acres of beautiful gardens. The beautiful spa town of Harrogate is also nearby where you can visit the theatre, visit RHS Harlow Carr gardens and of course visit Betty's Tearoom for a delicious afternoon tea.
First Group bus services connect Shadwell to Leeds, providing regular transport links to this bustling city which boasts some of the best shopping in the north of the country and a wealth of cultural activities - from Kirkstall Abbey to Leeds Art Gallery. There is also a direct bus to ASDA one day a week to make the weekly shop as easy and convenient as possible.
Leeds railway station and Leeds Bradford airport are located 7 and 13 miles away respectively, both of which are easily accessible by bus.
I made the right decision. It is just lovely here at Thackrah Court. Every single member of staff is so kind and helpful.
Mrs Eileen Haselden
Homeowner, Thackrah Court