McCarthy & Stone’s Shirley Retirement Living development is located on a quiet road in between Shirley and the neighbouring suburb of Maybush in Southampton.
- 0.2 miles from the main street in Shirley and 2 miles northwest of Southampton city centre
- 19 one bedroom apartments and 22 two bedroom apartments exclusively for those over 60
- Plenty of parking, with 38 spaces
- Homeowners will also be able to enjoy the pretty landscaped gardens, club lounge, lifts to all floors and guest suite
- For peace of mind, there is a 24-hour emergency call system and a House Manager
- State-of-the-art apartments with a modern design, a kitchen with an oven, hob and hood and a fully fitted shower room
- Each property is well equipped for winter with underfloor heating and double glazed windows
- There are telephone and TV points in the living room and main bedroom, as well as a Sky/Sky+ connection point
- All apartments feature private walk-out balconies or patio areas, perfect for enjoying a morning coffee or brunch with friends
- Selected apartments have walk-in wardrobes
Key dates for your diary
Construction start date, sales release and first occupation are still to be confirmed and are subject to planning permission.
Southampton is known as the cruise capital of the UK, with its famous port home to some of the world’s most prestigious luxury cruise ships. Southampton and the nearby New Forest are both popular destinations, thanks to their fascinating histories, large green spaces and regular cultural events.
Shirley is also renowned for its shopping, with many national retailers, as well as independent shops, local restaurants and cafes and half a dozen pubs. A local market takes place every Thursday from 9am-4pm. For a touch of nature, there is the 5-acre St James Park, which has just been awarded a Green Flag Award for one of the best green spaces in the country.
Just a short bus journey away, the Southampton City Art Gallery has a renowned selection of art spanning the last 600 years, and the Mayflower Theatre has hosted a number of West End shows. Music fans will be able to enjoy concerts of all genres at both the Mayflower and the renowned Guildhall.
Shirley is also easily accessible by public transport – a bus offers frequent services from High Street to the Southampton city centre and the West Quay Shopping Centre, while Millbrook train station is just on the other side of town and runs from Salisbury to Romsey.
See for yourself
If you would like to investigate the quality and atmosphere of a McCarthy & Stone development, visit our closest site to this development at Wykeham Court, Wickham.