Available exclusively for those over 70, this is a development of 32 one bedroom and 22 two bedroom retirement apartments overlooking Scarborough Castle and the surrounding sea, making it one of the most beautiful spots in the area.
All apartments feature a fully fitted kitchen and shower room, as well as a 24-hour emergency call system and access to the landscaped gardens. Selected apartments will also include walk-out balconies, Juliette balconies or large bay windows. You’ll be well looked after with an on-site car park, a guest suite for any overnight visitors and an estate manager.
Homeowners are within easy distance to the local shops such as Boots, Sainsbury’s and Marks and Spencer’s, as well as other gift and novelty stores. The development is just a mile away from a Tesco supermarket, and there are bus stops 500 yards away that take you to the town centre, train station and further afield. Scarborough train station has regular services to York and surrounding towns, while the development is easily accessed by road via the A64 to York and Leeds, the A165 to Bridlington, and the A171 to Whitby.
As well as owning a beautiful apartment to be proud of, this new development will provide you with everything you would expect from a McCarthy and Stone Assisted Living development:
- Traditional seaside location
- A wide range of amenities close by including cafes, restaurants and excellent shopping facilities
- Stunning outdoor living including a rooftop terrace with sea views and landscaped gardens
- An hour’s domestic assistance every week is included in the service charge, making daily life easy to manage and comfortable.
- Table service restaurant providing daily freshly prepared 3 course meals*
- Flexible care packages are available*
- Care for the building and grounds is taken care of by the estate team, so residents can enjoy the beautiful landscaped gardens and Homeowners' lounge without the worry of upkeep.
- Excellent road links and public transport services including a bus stop just 500 yards from the development
- 24 hour, 365 days a year onsite staffing
- Car parking is available via annual permit
*Additional costs apply
Key dates for your diary
Construction start date, sales release and first occupation are still to be confirmed and are subject to planning permission.
Located along the picturesque Yorkshire Coast, Scarborough is a popular holiday destination thanks to its long history, beautiful beaches and range of fun community events. Scarborough is thought to be the world’s first seaside town, dating back to the 1600s when the health-giving waters of the local spring were first discovered. The beachfront town is also known for the 11th century castle sitting atop a high rocky promontory that boasts panoramic views over the dramatic Yorkshire coastline. Today, you can take a tour through its collection of artefacts, some which are over 3,000 years old, enjoy an English afternoon tea in the Master Gunner’s house or take part in one of the many pirate or Robin Hood-themed events. It’s even rumoured to be haunted by three ghosts!
Scarborough has plenty of other things to see and do. Once primarily a seaside resort, it’s now also home to many cultural attractions, including live theatres, creative arts centres and museums. The annual Scarborough Jazz Festival is held at the historic Scarborough Spa every September, while another festival, Seafest, sees folk singers, shantymen, musicians and artists flock to the harbour to put on a not-to-be-missed show!
The beaches in Scarborough are not only a great place to visit in summer, but also the starting point to explore along the Yorkshire coast. South Sands has an outer harbour for pleasure boats and yachts, where you can take a trip out around the bay. Head further north to find the North York Moors National Park, full of birds and deer, or go down south to the world famous Bempton Cliffs, where you’ll find puffins and gannets.
See for yourself
If you would like to investigate the quality and atmosphere of a McCarthy & Stone development, visit our closest site to this development at Thackrah Court in Leeds.