The latest McCarthy & Stone Assisted Living development is found in New Alresford, a picturesque Georgian town, home to the Watercress Line steam railway.
- 29 one bedroom apartments and 21 two bedroom apartments, exclusively for those over 70
- All apartments include a fully fitted kitchen with an oven, hob and hood, as well as a fully fitted shower room
- The homes have raised-height electrical sockets, underfloor heating and double-glazed glass. Telephone and TV points are located in both the living room and main bedrooms and feature a Sky/Sky+ connection point.
- Ideally located on The Dean, one of the main streets that runs from the pretty River Arle to West Street, in the village centre
- Within walking distance of the main shopping area, where you can find independent and well-known shops, a variety of restaurants and four national banks
Key dates for your diary
Planning permission has now been granted, and construction will commence early 2018.
New Alresford is a historic town, first mentioned in the Domesday Book. After the fires of the 1600s ravaged the town, the colour-washed Georgian houses have been rebuilt in stunning style, and are now home to many English pubs, tea rooms and antique shops. Voted Country Life’s ‘Favourite Market Town’ in the south east, New Alresford is today known for its array of fairs and fetes, such as the Watercress Festival; a street market with local foods; the Alresford Show, one of England’s most important agricultural events; and the Bonfire Night fireworks.
There’s a great sense of community in this small town, with plenty of attractions for both locals and tourists. Take a walk along the riverside to see the Fulling Mill and Eel House, or visit St John’s Parish Church, the Millennium Trail and Old Alresford Pond, a wildlife reserve created in the 12th century by Bishop de Lucy.
New Alresford is also home to New Alresford Rugby Football Club, New Alresford Town Football Club, and Tennis Club and even has a petanque pitch. The development is less than 15 minutes by car to Wincester, and the Watercress Line steam railway runs from Alresford to Alton, taking passengers through 10 miles of beautiful Hampshire countryside. It’s easy to see why New Alresford is one of the most magical places to live.
See for yourself
If you would like to investigate the quality and atmosphere of a McCarthy & Stone development, visit our closest site to this development at Horizons, Poole.