Bitterne Park provides an ideal retirement option for those seeking the privacy of their own apartment, with the added benefit of an on-site community. Planning has been approved for the proposed development at Bitterne Park Triangle, situated on Cobden Avenue.
- Made up of 51 one and two bedroom apartments
- The new retirement development will feature a cosy club lounge, ideal for meeting up with friends, neighbours and family
- The beautifully landscaped garden will be maintained as part of the service charge as well as exterior chores including window cleaning being taken care of
- Just a short distance from Cobden Bridge, the main arterial route to Southampton city centre
- Ideally located just 200ft from shops and amenities including a bakers, tea room and Co-operative store
- Situated to the south of the high street in the Bitterne Park Triangle, these planned retirement homes will enjoy a prominent position on the banks of the River Itchen
Homeowners can benefit from the picturesque Bitterne Park which is situated opposite, providing a perfect setting for a relaxing riverside walk. This idyllic haven is home to an abundance of local wildlife including swans, ducks and geese. Riverside pitch and putt is a 0.5 mile walk through Riverside Park and is situated alongside the river.
Local amenities are located within a mile of the retirement flats where banks, supermarkets, a pharmacy and a selection of national retailers can be found. The bus stop is 50 metres away and provides regular buses to Southampton city centre and neighbouring areas such as St Denys, Bitterne, Portswood and Eastleigh. Trains are available from the main line station of Bitterne which is only half a mile away.
The international maritime city of Southampton is the largest city in the county of Hampshire on the south coast of England. It is a major UK port, and has good transport links with the rest of the country by road and rail, and to Europe by air from Southampton Airport. Home to the longest surviving stretch of medieval walls in England, as well as many museums, the Mayflower Theatre, Southampton Football Club and Cunard cruises, Southampton is a vibrant, modern city with plenty of activities for young and old.
Key dates for your diary
Construction is due to start early 2017 with apartments available to reserve off plan from winter 2017. We look forward to welcoming the first homeowners in spring 2018.
See for yourself
If you would like to investigate the quality and atmosphere of a McCarthy & Stone development, visit our closest site to this development at Wykeham Court, Wickham.